The Importance of Spring Air Conditioner Maintenance
When the temperatures in Beaufort, NC, head to the top of the thermometer, it’s not the time for your air conditioner (AC) to be on the blink. Regular annual maintenance on your AC will go a long way in preventing that situation from happening.
Just as your car requires regular maintenance to keep running smoothly and efficiently, so does your AC. Keeping current on its upkeep helps to ensure its efficiency, dependability, and longevity.
The best time of year to have your AC serviced is Spring, even if you reside in a locale with pretty warm weather all year long. Before the temperatures hit those triple digits, it’s best to have your investment protected by having it cleaned and inspected. Call Four Seasons Heating & Cooling at 252-247-5500 to make an appointment to have one of our skilled and knowledgeable technicians come out to your home to maintain your unit.
In addition to thoroughly cleaning the unit, our technician will inspect your air conditioner in its entirety to be sure everything is working properly. By having this done annually, you can typically head off any larger repairs. The technician can spot and diagnose anything that may potentially become a bigger problem in the future or any part that may be beginning to present excessive wear and take the necessary steps to address it now.
A few things to expect your technician to clean and inspect during your annual service are:
- Clean the AC’s evaporator and condenser coils. Keeping the coils clean helps to keep your AC’s ability to cool your home at a maximum and prevent the system from running longer than needed, thus cutting down on your energy costs.
- Clean and adjust the blower components for proper system airflow to create increased comfort levels.
- Check your AC’s ducts for debris and upon finding any, cleaning them to allow the maximum airflow. When the debris remains, it can back up into your system, resulting in damage.
- Check the aluminum fins. They’re located at the rear of the unit and can become bent or crushed when objects touch them. This reduces the overall efficiency of the unit.
- Inspect the internal parts for broken, chipped, or otherwise damaged parts, which may not be easily noticed. If your AC continues to run with damaged spots, it will eventually cause your system to fail.
- Check the coolant level for leaks. If there are leaks, your AC won’t be able to work and the leaking coolant could damage anything it comes in contact with.
- Check your system’s thermostat. Thermostats can be touchy and register incorrect temperatures, resulting in your AC delivering too much air or not enough.
- Check the unit’s seals. If the seals are loose, cold air can leak into the walls and not make it to its target––inside your home, where you want it. In this scenario, the seals need to be replaced.
Your air conditioner is an investment worth protecting for many factors. Keeping up with the recommended annual maintenance does save you money long term by spotting potential needed repairs, preventing your AC from operating in a less-than-energy-efficient mode, and allowing your system to work for you in a long-life capacity. Call Four Seasons Heating & Cooling to make your maintenance appointment now. Our technicians are happy to answer any questions you may have as well.
We proudly service residents in Beaufort, Cherry Point, Pine Knoll Shores, Marshallberg, and surrounding North Carolina communities. Call Four Seasons Heating & Cooling or request service online to make your maintenance appointment now. Our technicians are happy to answer any questions you may have as well.